Trinity College Dublin
Trinity has a vibrant community of 16,939 students representing every county in Ireland, 122 nationalities, and a wide range of social backgrounds and age groups. Trinity is ranked in the QS top 100 world universities and amongst the top 50 European universities. Offering a unique educational experience across a range of disciplines, Trinity’s curriculum is aimed not just at acquiring knowledge but at developing critical thinking at every stage of the undergraduate programme.
Trinity Entry Requirements 2017
To be considered for admission to a degree course at Trinity, you must:
- Present six subjects, three of which must be a grade 5 or above on Higher Leaving Certificate papers or at least grade 5 in the university matriculation examination.
- The six subjects above must include:
1. A pass in English
2. A pass in mathematics (or foundation level maths, acceptable for minimum entry requirements only , for all courses except nursing or midwifery).
3. A pass in a language other than English
4. A pass in Latin and a pass in a subject other than a language.
- There are also specific subject and grade requirements for some courses. Students applying to Trinity should familiarise themselves with the specific course requirements listed in our Undergraduate Prospectus or on the website at http://www.tcd.ie/study/
Trinity Restricted Courses
- TR051: Medicine
- TR002: Single Honour Music
- TR00: Two Subject Moderatorship which contain Music or Drama combinations
- TR009: Music Education
- TR025: Drama & Theatre Studies
How DARE offers are made
Information on the method of selecting eligible DARE students for the reduced points places is available at: http://www.tcd.ie/study/eu/undergraduate/apply/disability/
Information on the number of reduced points places per course available in Trinity is available at: http://www.tcd.ie/study/assets/pdf/Number%20of%20DARE%20places%20available%202016.pdf
For information on HEAR at Trinity:
For information on HEAR at Trinity: http://www.tcd.ie/study/eu/undergraduate/apply/access/
Contact details of the DARE advisor
Declan Reilly, Disability Officer
T: 01 896 1968