University College Cork
University College Cork has a cosmopolitan character with an admirable student mix. The university has over 20,000 full-time students and over 120 degree and professional programmes. It has been named University of the Year three times due to the excellence of its teaching and academic standards, the flexibility of its degree programmes, its low drop-out rates and its high level of graduate employment.
UCC Entry Requirements
Details of the minimum course entry requirements can be found on the Admissions website.
Students must meet the minimum entry requirements for the University as follows:
- Study a minimum of six subjects in the Leaving Certificate with a minimum of H5 in two subjects and O6/H7 in four other subjects recognised for entry purposes to include English, Irish and another language.
- There are also specific subject and grade requirements for particular degree programmes, please refer to the UCC Undergraduate Guide for details.
- Nursing programmes and all programmes in the College of Science, Engineering & Food Science do not require a language other than English and Irish.
Students applying to UCC should consult the Undergraduate Prospectus and website for full details of entry requirements and information on all our degree programmes.
UCC Restricted Courses
Please note, unless one of the programmes below has been included as a programme preference by 1st February, it will not be possible to introduce the programme after that date.
- CK104 Arts Music
- CK112 Drama and Theatre Studies
- CK701 Medicine (Undergraduate Entry)
How HEAR offers are made
Information on the method of selecting eligible HEAR students and information about reduced points places available in UCC is available: HERE
Information on the number of reduced points places per course available in UCC is available: HERE
For information on DARE at UCC:
Information on DARE at UCC: HERE
Contact details of the HEAR advisor
Maeve Minihane, Schools Programme Project Co-ordinator
T: 021 490 2002 / 490 3282