Applicants applying for DARE must:
- Be under the age of 23 as of 1 January 2022.
- Apply to the CAO by 17:00 on 1 February 2022.
- No later than 17:00 on 1 March 2022, disclose your disability and/or specific learning difficulty in your CAO application and fully and correctly complete Section A of the Supplementary Information Form (SIF). To apply to DARE, you must answer YES to Question 1 (‘do you wish to be considered for DARE?’) on Section A of the fully completed SIF by 17:00 on 1 March 2022.
- Download Section B Educational Impact Statement (EIS) and have your school complete the form. Return the EIS to the CAO to arrive by 17:00 on 15 March 2022.
- Download Section C Evidence of Disability, and have it completed by the appropriate medical professional (only if you do not already have a report verifying your disability that meets the DARE criteria). Return it to the CAO to arrive by 17:00 on 15 March 2022.
Applicants with a specific learning difficulty are asked to provide a full psychological assessment of any age completed by an appropriately qualified psychologist instead of the Section C Evidence of Disability form. This report must be accompanied by attainment scores from tests administered by your school and/ or an appropriately qualified psychologist.
To confirm you have completed your online application correctly (Questions 1-5), please go to www.cao.ie, click on My Application, enter your login details and check the information you have entered. You can make changes to your DARE application until 1 March 2022.