HEAR Terms and Conditions of Application
To apply to HEAR you must agree to the HEAR terms and conditions below:
By ticking yes, I confirm that I have read and I accept the terms and conditions as outlined. I consent to the use of my data as detailed in the HEAR Terms and Conditions.
- I have read, understood and will comply with the rules and requirements of application as detailed in the HEAR Application Handbook.
- I understand that it is my responsibility (and not that of my parents, guardians, teachers, or anyone else) to ensure that all parts of my HEAR application are submitted in a complete and accurate manner, within the specified HEAR deadlines. Failure to do so will negatively affect the outcome of my HEAR application.
- I understand that:
a. information provided on my HEAR application form by 1 March 2022,
b. documentation received by the CAO by 15 March 2022 and, where relevant,
c. any further additional documentation requested by HEAR received within the specified deadline,
d. and any further information considered relevant by HEAR will be considered when determining the outcome of my HEAR application.
- Neither the CAO nor the participating HEAR higher education institutions will accept any responsibility for any loss or hardship arising as a result of an applicant’s failure to supply correct and complete information at the appropriate time.
- I understand that all information supplied as part of my HEAR application may be subject to verification or clarification and that HEAR can request additional documentation from me in relation to any aspect of my application. Failure to supply additional documentation within the specified deadlines will result in my ineligibility for HEAR.
- I understand that HEAR uses my address information to determine whether I live in an area of urban or rural disadvantage and that HEAR may contact me and ask me to provide proof of this address. Failure to provide proof of address within the specified deadline will mean that I am not awarded the HEAR Area Profile indicator.
- I understand that, if I have indicated on my HEAR application form that I have attended a Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools (DEIS) School for 5 years or more of my second level education, that HEAR will verify this information with the Department of Education and Skills (DES) directly based on the PPS number provided in Section 2 of my application form. If my information cannot be verified by DES, I understand that I may be asked to provide documentation from my secondary school(s) detailing my DEIS school attendance. Failure to provide verification from my school(s) within the specified deadline will mean that I am not awarded the HEAR DEIS School indicator.
- I understand that, if I have indicated on my HEAR application form that either I or my parents/guardians have a medical card/ GP visit card in date on 31 December 2021 and if I provided my/their PPS number(s), that this will be verified directly with the Health Service Executive (HSE). If I provide inaccurate or incomplete PPS number(s) I understand that this will mean that I am not awarded the medical card indicator.
- I understand that, if I accept a HEAR place, a condition of acceptance is that I must attend the HEAR Orientation Programme in the participating higher education institution in which I have accepted the place. Failure to attend without prior permission from the Access Office or other relevant office of that higher education institution could result in my HEAR place being withdrawn or in the withdrawal of other potential post-entry supports (e.g. financial supports).
- I understand that data contained in my HEAR application will be used for research and analysis purposes by participating HEIs, agents acting on behalf of the HEIs or the CAO, but that this data will be anonymised and none of my personal data will be identifiable should it be published.
- Where I am found to have made false declarations, or it is found that anyone else has made false declarations as part of my HEAR application, I understand that I will be ineligible for HEAR. I also understand that the participating HEAR higher education institutions reserve the right not to consider my application, and/or to cancel any offers of places in cases where it is found, during or post-admission to higher education, that false or misleading information was supplied in my HEAR application.
- I certify that all information I have supplied in my HEAR application is accurate and true.