Your family income falls on or below the HEAR Income Limit.
|Number of dependent* children in your family||Hear Income Limit|
|Fewer than 4||€45,790|
|More than 8||€54,630|
|Add €4,670 to the total income for every sibling/parent enrolled in a full-time college, university or Post Leaving Certificate further education course.|
*A dependant includes:
- a sibling under the age of 16 years on 1 October 2019.
- a sibling over the age of 16 years on 1 October 2019 who is either:
- attending post primary education.
- attending a full-time course in FET or higher education.
- medically certified as permanently unfit for work.
- a parent attending a full-time course in FET or higher education
- HEAR requires evidence of a full year’s income for 2018 (i.e. 52 weeks).
- Some applicants depending on their parent(s)’/guardian(s)’ circumstances in 2018 may need to submit Revenue documents and/or evidence of other income as well as evidence of DSP income.
- Your guardian may not necessarily be your legal guardian, but refers to who you lived with and contributed to the household income in 2018.
- If you have indicated income from both parents you must submit documents detailing both their incomes.
Please go to the Applicant Checklist (click here to get there) for more information about which documents are the right ones for you to submit.
Applicants meeting Indicator 1 must meet a combination of 2 other indicators as listed below:
INDICATOR 1 plus 2 plus 4
INDICATOR 1 plus 2 plus 5
INDICATOR 1 plus 2 plus 6
INDICATOR 1 plus 3 plus 4
INDICATOR 1 plus 3 plus 5
INDICATOR 1 plus 3 plus 6
INDICATOR 1 plus 4 plus 5
INDICATOR 1 plus 4 plus 6
INDICATOR 1 plus 5 plus 6