How do I apply?
- Review the DARE Handbook and the application timeline with your parent(s)/guardian(s) and/or your school’s Guidance Counsellor.
- Check criteria that are relevant to your disability.
- By 1 March 2024 Complete the online application form through www.cao.ie .You can follow the helpful video below to guide you through the process.
- Gather together your completed Educational Impact Statement AND the relevant Evidence of Disability.
- By 15 March 2024: Submit copies of supporting documents to CAO by post.
Please note, when completing your DARE application form through cao.ie. we recommend doing so by using a desktop or laptop rather than using a smartphone.
When should I apply?
Follow this link for all of the key dates and deadlines for your applications
What proof of disability do I need?
Click here for full details of how to apply under each DARE category.
Provide a background on your educational experience
Click here for full details of how to complete your Educational Impact Statement.
Application Guides, Resources and Forms
Check out this page for printable resources to help support your DARE application
Have you applied to AND were eligible for DARE last year?
If you were eligible for DARE in 2023 and wish to reapply for a college place, click here to find out how to carry forward your eligibility
Terms and Conditions of Applications
Click here for the terms and conditions for your DARE application
News and Events
The DARE Application Information Session 2024 will take place on Saturday 13 January. Check back here for more details. Please find the 2023 presentation below
DARE has changed its eligibility criteria for Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) for entry-2023 onwards to make the scheme even more inclusive. These changes are based
View the series