Carrying forward eligibility from 2022 to 2023
Please only complete this section if you applied to AND were eligible for DARE last year. Eligibility for DARE carries forward for ONE year provided that you:
- Apply to the CAO by 17:00 on 1 February 2023.
- No later than 17:00 on 1 March 2023, disclose your disability in your CAO application and fully and correctly complete Section A of the Supplementary Information Form (SIF). You must answer YES to Question 1 (‘Do you wish to be considered for DARE?’) on Section A of the fully completed SIF by 17:00 on 1 March 2023.
- Supply your correct 2022 CAO number under Question 1(b) by 17:00 on 1 March 2023.
The outcome of your 2022 DARE application was communicated to you in writing in June 2022. If you applied to the CAO in 2022 and you were deemed eligible for DARE in 2022, then your DARE eligibility can be carried forward to your 2023 application.
- You must enter your correct CAO 2022 number in the box provided.
- You are still required to complete all relevant sections of the 2023 SIF form (Section A); however, you do not need to supply the Educational Impact Statement (Section B) or Evidence of Disability (Section C) as part of your application. In the event of being offered and accepting a DARE place in 2023, you may be required to provide the original documents that accompanied your 2022 DARE application. You should get assistance from your parents or guardians and use the Application Handbook to help you answer all the relevant questions on your online DARE application. You can contact the CAO help desk if you require information about your 2023 DARE eligibility.
- Note: You must tick the ‘Terms & Conditions’ box to confirm that all the information you provided is correct and that you undertake to comply with the regulations of the CAO. You must press ‘SUBMIT’ to complete your eligibility carry forward application.
Click here for more information to support you with your application
For more information, contact the Access Office in one of the participating colleges
What is DARE?
Find out more about DARE and what it can do for you
Still have more questions?
Check out our FAQ section through the following link